The Department of Workforce Development’s Office of Skills Development has redesigned their grant offerings into a single grant opportunity, “Industry Sectors Worker Training Grants.” This grant program is designed to help fund the development of innovative and collaborative customized worker training programs.
Key features of the program include:
- Grants are available to all industry sectors and companies of any size;
- Grant award amounts range from $5,000 to $400,000;
- Cash or in-kind match equal to 50% of the grant award amount is required;
- Grantee must complete training of at least 85% of the contracted number of trainees; and
- At least 65% of trainees must be placed in positions with the placement partner(s) identified in the grant application that require the skills taught in the provided training; and
- At least 75% of incumbent trainees receive increased wages.